Sunday, June 4, 2017

6 WAYS TO EASE INTO MONDAY

Do you feel it? The days are getting shorter and the weather getting colder. This time of year I like to start a fresh routine, a new beginning a new season is a good enough reason to start fresh and renew, don't you think?

I like to start the day with a glass of lemon water while I make my first cup of coffee. Then while having my coffee I like to to make sure I have most things done by the weekend and that way I have a free weekend to do all that I care to do. 

Plan your week
Write a to do list with all that is planned for the week ahead, a grocery list, a meal plan anything to make the working week ahead easier. I always iron on Sunday's regardless of what lies ahead that way I am free of one household chore. Monday is my regular cleaning day and then during the week there is just a little maintenance required.

Keep in schedule
Try not to overbook yourself and keep your to do lists simple and on task to achieve and tick off as you go. Write a list of what you have accomplished so you have it there to see what can be achieved.

Tick off the harder or longer tasks first
If you can complete the harder or more in depth tasks first then that will leave for an easier afternoon. If you can be more productive earlier then that will lift your confidence for the further tasks ahead.

Dress to impress yourself
Take the time to dress comfortably and be aware of how you are feeling, if you are not happy or comfortable then change until you are.

Pay attention to your body 
The colder weather I am a little lazy and exercise gets put on the back burner. I try to entice myself but being inside and warm always wins. I am an early riser I would like to use those early hours to go for a walk or a little run. If that does not happen then I like to put on my bike helmet and go for a ride on my pushbike sometime during the day.

Try to sleep 6-8 hours a night. It is important to stick to a regular wake and sleep schedule to keep your body in rhythm. If your body is showing signs then listen to them and take a break and rest.

Relax
Switch off and unwind at the end of everyday to just be. Relax and enjoy the FREE time doing what you love. Read, go for a walk, preferred form of exercise I like to ride my pushbike and to sit in the sun. 

Is there anything you would like to add to the list?

image from The Blackline by Lauren






Shop:  Milk and Ivy

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished