Take a moment or two to think about the beautiful things happening around us. The world is full of so much sadness that it is important to realise that beautiful things are happening around us all the time. Feel good moments to share.
Right now, at this exact moment…
- A newborn infant just took their first breath.
- Two teenage romantics just received their very first kiss, from each other.
- Someone is driving their car with the windows down and singing to their favourite song at the top of their lungs. (my daughter)
- Volunteers in different cities are actively assisting and standing up for the powerless, the homeless, and the neglected who need someone to speak up for them.
- Someone is in the middle of complimenting a stranger who desperately needed a reason to smile.
- Two co-workers are cracking each other up and laughing so hard they aren’t even making any noise.
- A high school guidance counselor is contributing her time, encouragement, and a listening ear to help a student realise their passion and ability.
- People near and far are holding hands with the person they love.
- A husband and wife who were drowning in debt ten years ago proudly hold a balance of zero on all their lines of credit.
- Someone is going above and beyond and doing a little extra work to make someone else’s life a little easier.
- People from all over the world are online at crowd funding sites like GoFundMe pledging online donations to help strangers in need.
- Responsible designated drivers are getting their friends home safely.
- A student tutor is volunteering her time to help a fellow student learn.
- Someone who has struggled with their weight for years is looking down at the scale, smiling.
- A long-term alcoholic just celebrated exactly one full year of sobriety.
- Somewhere someone is admiring a breathtaking sunrise, and somewhere else a surreal sunset.
- A friend is helping a friend rise above feelings of depression and suicide.
- Someone is holding the door open for the person behind them.
- A Good Samaritan is pulled over on the side of the road assisting a stranger who’s having car trouble.
- Someone is celebrating the fact that they just broke their own personal best record.
- An active duty military member stationed overseas just received an email from a loved one.
- Hundreds of people are spending a few clicks of their time online at Free Rice.
- Someone just accidentally overheard someone else say something nice about them.
- An emergency room surgeon just saved her patient’s life.
- Two best friends are hugging each other after being apart for a while.
- Honest people are working tirelessly at various government agencies to help protect the basic human rights and civil liberties of their fellow citizens.
- Someone who suffered from a severe injury a while back is back on their feet.
- Several of the world’s next great inventors, artists and entrepreneurs are working diligently on perfecting their breakthrough ideas and crafts.
- Someone is sitting quietly and smiling about the fact that there’s nowhere else in the world they would rather be right now.
- Somewhere on the Internet someone is writing an encouraging comment on a blog post that will make others smile. - Marc and Angel
Marc and Angel are a constant source of inspiration for me. Enjoy reading these thoughts.
What beautiful thing is happening in your world at the moment?
image my own