I have always made pumpkin soup for a number of years, it is a family favourite. My step daughter called me the other day asking for how I make the soup. Really it is super easy and I have played and mixed ingredients to come up with the perfect taste.
1 x whole butterut pumpkin
2 small potatoes
2 tbspn olive oil
3 1/2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
1 cup cream
1 tspn dill
1. Place diced pumpkin and potato in to a non-stick pot and drizzle with olive oil and salt, cook until golden.
2. Add a small amounts of stock and cook until soft and cook until soft and tender.
3. Add to a blender with some extra chicken stock and half the cream and blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Place over medium heat until the soup is heated through.
5. Serve with a sprinkle of dill and your favourite toast. I love the new range at bakers delight the onion and poppy seed sourdough is perfect.