Monday, May 16, 2016

SMALL CHANGES TO MAKE TODAY

I do not know about you but over the last 4-6 years I have been aiming to make myself a better person in every aspect of my life. Since separating from partner  of over 20 years 4 years ago, after the initial realisation, sadness etc I have had a new lease on life with my main focus on being happy and true to myself.

Making small changes to your everyday can make habits with a better life as the outcome. Making small changes can give you a different perspective on even the mundane of tasks. Any change can make a difference.



Respond differently Working as a retail stylist I often greet the customers with a hello and/or how are you in which they may in return acknowledge me with a reply. I often say good thankyou when asked the same and then often think of changing my response to a well thank you instead of good thanks. I am in the process of switching my responses accordingly. 

Stop complaining this can be easier to do if you dispose of what you complain about. If there is an item that irks you then get rd of it and if necessary replace it so that you are not bothered abut it anymore. There maybe someone or something that irritates you but out of respect you put up with what annoys or irritates you. Instead of focusing on what annoys you think of what you like instead and put your energy there.

Focus For a procrastinator  or multi-tasker like myself take the time to switch your ming off and focus on the task at hand to get your to do list completed. 

Go to bed earlier This has made a huge difference in my life. I am sleeping better and deeper than I have in a long time, although I do still wake 1-2 times a night. I am finding it easier to settle back to sleep and when I can I add an eye mask to keep the light out to sleep longer in the morning when I can.

Read Travelling to work on public transport allows me to read more. I love the fact that I have that time to just sit an ponder or read.

Spend time with new people Working int he retail field allows you to step a little out of your comfort zone as you encounter new faces everyday with whom you can have mini conversations with sharing a little about you and listening to them share a little about them. I love interacting with the customers and I love giving compliments when and where I feel the need. Everyone loves a compliment. 
I have a new little family at work covering all age groups. I love interacting with them all and hearing about them.

Beauty Take the time to do your hair and add a little makeup or just a pop of lip colour and you will feel and look more confident. 

I stepped way out of my comfort zone last week for my birthday and had lunch with a new friend from work for my birthday. image (my own) Ripples Restaurant Milsons Point

Small changes can make a huge difference.

What have you done lately to make a little difference in your day/life?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished