Over the last few years I have been trying to live my life with a more positive outlook. Small changes are made daily to focus on the positive. I believe on most occasions there can be a positive made out of something negative. There may be time that something has happened and you have felt sad or disappointed at a specific time and then you rethink that certain situation and realise that it is not as bad as what you first thought.
A change no matter the significance can help motivate for a more productive day, week, month or year. Thinking and being more positive can alter everyday life for the better, helping you to strive for a better and happier outcome.
FIVE ways I like to make your life more positive -
1. Change your responses - We all have our own typical responses when it comes to answering general questions. Like if someone asks how are you we tend to say Well thank you for asking - where we should be honest and let them know our honest answer. Of course this is for our nearest and dearest not over the phone or for a random who asks.
2. Travel differently - Why not change or alter the way you travel to work or go for your daily walk or bike ride. You may discover something new which can open up a whole new world and your brain is learning something new as you travel a new path.
I actually choose to take the stairs over the escalators or lifts when I am working.
3. Replace something you complain about - If you have something that distracts you or upsets you when you walk into a room - remove it. A piece of clothing that you scrunch your nose at when you look in your closet remove it and give it to the poor. Replace it with something new that you love.
4. Focus on one thing at a time - If you a multitasker, like me and find it a little hard to complete all on your to do list because you flitter between emails, facebook, instagram etc. Try and discourage the distraction and focus entirely on the one task at hand. Schedule your time accordingly rewarding yourself a few minutes to flitter between your schedule.
5. Try and go to bed earlier - I always try and be in bed no later than 10:30 as I am an early riser. I tend to get enough sleep most nights. Even if you can not fall asleep instantly, get into bed an hour earlier and read a book or journal about the day. Or just rest thinking about the day and sure enough you will sleep and feel rested and ready for the day ahead.
How do you choose to live with a more positive outlook?