Monday, October 5, 2015

APPLE BLUEBERRY CAKE

Happy public holiday Monday. We ave a public holiday in NSW today. I wanted to share with my favourite go to cake for when visitors are over. This apple + blueberry cake is always a necessary favourite for me to take to visit others as well.

This recipe can be found in one of all time favourite Donna Hay Cook Books - Fast Fresh and Simple.


Ingredients

1 1/2 cups SR Flour (sifted)
1/4 cup caster sugar
125 g butter, softened
1 tspn vanilla extract (I use essence)
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
I apple cored and thinly sliced
4/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
2 tblspns demerara sugar (I use raw)

Method

Pre heat oven to 160 degrees.

Place flour, sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs and milk in the bowl and mix with an electric beater until just combined.

Spoon mixture to round tin lined with non stick baking paper. 

Top with apple and blueberries and sprinkle with sugar.

Bake for 45 minutes or until cake is cooked.

Is there a favourite recipe that you bake when visitors arrive or you take along with you when visiting others?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished