Thursday, September 17, 2015

3 TIPS ON HOW TO STORE YOUR WINTER KNITS

Spring is here and although we may still need a few light knits we need to store the heavier ones in a safe place away to avoid damage. I have to admit I normally leave mine in my wardrobe where you will find them hanging or neatly folded on a shelf. But I am looking into storing them away for the next 6 months or so.



There are a few tips to storing knits that we all should follow to keep them in good condition to prevent stretching and to save space in your wardrobe.

Firstly make sure they freshly laundered to prevent stains or odours from sitting when stored.
Follow all the normal washing rules for each garment. 

Secondly store them in boxes or unused suitcases making sure they are neatly folded and away from snags. If necessary wrap in tissue paper or cotton.

Thirdly opt for natural moth repellants like lavender to preserve the quality of all items stored away.

Do you have any of your own tips on how to store your winter woolies?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished