Saturday, July 11, 2015

QUICK AND EASY VEGETABLE ROLLS

The humble bite size sausage rolls are popular among many. I thought I would make a healthier version with vegetables. I always have puff pastry in my freezer to make these special little delights. These delicious bites can be made with any vegetables you have in the fridge or pantry.



Ingredients
2 small potatoes
1/2 sweet potato
2 carrots
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup cheese
1 egg (lightly whisked)
2-3 sheets puff pastry

Method
Lay out puff pastry to thaw
Dice potato, sweet potato and carrots into small pieces.
Place in small amount of water and boil until firm but tender.
Drain and add peas and corn.
Mix together until combined.
Add egg and cheese.
Cut puff pastry in half.
Place vegetable mix along one side and roll.
Keep doing each half until there is no mixture left.
Cut into squares and bake in hot oven until golden brown.  

Enjoy with sauce of choice.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished