Wednesday, July 8, 2015

4 PLACES TO EAT IN SYDNEY

School holidays are nearly over and this will be the last term of Year 11 for Miss B. The emotions are a little high for my youngest daughter and I as the reality sets in that my baby girl has nearly finished the stable land of school. While typing this I am welling up. Another schooling journey to be completed and the last one for my immediate family. 

Miss B and I travelled into the city yesterday, where I left her at The Metro Theatre ready to watch a band she loves 21 Pilots. Miss B had been stating that she wanted to go so badly but all the tickets were sold out. Well persistence paid out for her as she was lucky enough to get a ticket at the last minute on Monday night. I had one super happy 16 year old on my hands. 

I bought Miss B some sustenance to last her the few hours while she waited in the queue making new friends. She was safe, and I was not far away if she needed me. So I went walkabout around Town Hall and the CBD shopping precinct. I am a huge coffee lover so coffee and cake was my first stop after purchasing the latest issue of Renegade Collective (I forgot to renew my subscription). 



La Rose Cafe a charming boutique style cafe located on the mezzanine level in Myer. This place had such a happy and relaxing vibe, which I totally enjoyed and sat for an hour or so. I ordered a skim milk latte and a berry tart. A perfect combination. To add to the ambiance there was great music as well. A must visit for coffee and cake.


Le Pain Quotidien where the coffee is large and the bread is amazing. I ordered the walnut bread which comes served with Lurpak (I always think of Beth from BabyMac when I see or hear the word Lurpak) and I am finding that cafes and restaurants are serving this more often. 


Lipari Pizza Rozelle a little boutique style restaurant with loads of atmosphere of families and couples. Last nigh my daughter enjoyed delicious food and fabulous service. I ordered the Parmigiana with eggplant with tomato salsa and grated parmesan and mozarella. Miss R ordered the Gnocchi Gorganzola a homemade potato dumpling with a creamy gorgonzola sauce. 

Rosebud Restaurant Darling Street Rozelle is another new place we had brunch on Sunday. This restaurant has a vast breakfast menu for all day with great coffee and service.

As Manu from My Kitchen Rules says 'Bon Appetite'.

What new cafes and restaurants have you indulged in lately?









No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished