Friday, June 19, 2015

EASY VEGETABLE PASTIE

After a week of being sick and not cooking for two nights I felt we all needed a good dose of vegetables. I am lucky we all love our vegies. It was great to feel almost normal again and have the energy to cook a decent meal. So I went for one our favourites. Both my daughters have loved this little dish that I have cooked ever since they were toddlers. I often get requests from them to cook my fabulously healthy Vegetable Pastie.

Ingredients

1-2 sheets of Puff Pastry
1 small diced potato
! whole diced carrot
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen corn
a few florets of broccoli - diced
I cup grated tasty cheese

Feel free to use any vegetables you have on hand at the time


Method

Boil or microwave vegetables until tender
Drain and combine with cheese
Place in centre of pastry sheet and roll
Cook until golden brown.

Serve with a side salad or sweet potato fries.

Is there a favourite simple and healthy dish that your children just keep asking for?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished