Friday, June 12, 2015

BAKING COUTURE - CHORIZO + PEA RISOTTO

Last night I cooked risotto in my slow cooker. I was a little cautious on how it would turn out in the slow cooker, but it worked well and tasted delicious. i had chorizo sitting in the fridge for a few days thinking of a recipe and searched pinterest for a few ideas and came up with this. A delicious mix of chorizo, onion, garlic and arborio rice.

I get a little scared trying new things as I am not sure if my daughters will like them. This recipe was a winner. Miss B loves coming home from school when I have something in the slow cooker. The risotto was ready when she arrived home so we had an early dinner. I love eating early as you get to sit and relax earlier than normal.



To make the risotto you will need -

2 chorizo sausages, chopped
1 onion chopped finely
2 cloves of garlic chopped finely
1 cup of arborio rice
3 cups of hot chicken stock
1 cup frozen peas

1. Fry onion and garlic until cooked through.
2. Add chorizo and cook well
3. add rice to slow cooker and pour over hot chicken stock
4. Add chorizo, onion and garlic mix.
5. Place lid on top. 
5. Mix often and let sit until all liquid is absorbed.
7. Serve

This is a winner in our home and will be served through out winter. I just love it when I try a new recipe and everyone enjoys it.

Have you cooked risotto in the slow cooker before?

If so, how did you go?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished