Tuesday, June 23, 2015

5 MINUTES WITH - VANISHA - A LIFE UN-STYLED

Welcome to Tuesday all. I hope this week has started off well for everyone. 5 Minutes With is back after a little hiatus. Today I would like to welcome Vanisha who blogs over at A Life Un -Styled.


Favourite Quote Mantra. 
"And this too shall pass". I first came across this quote at the Lotus Temple in India. Years later I had it tattooed on my arm. It's a greater reminder to enjoy the happy times and not to dwell too much on the sadder times, as both will pass.

I cannot live without my freedom to choose and dictate my lifestyle. One of the reasons I decided to forego an academic career, after I received my PhD, to be a research consultant was because I simply love the freedom of not having a career that dictates (too much) when and how I work. 
 

Beauty product I simply cannot live without is the Napoleon Perdis Pilot Radiance Boosting Primer. I live by this. Often I'll have no other except a bit of primer used as a highlighter and some lip balm. I'm not sure it makes me look overly pretty but it sures make me happy. 

I am currently reading Quarrel and Quandary by Cynthia Ozick. I try to read a book a week, sometimes more. I have been travelling for about a month now so my reading schedule has become a little messed up. One of my favourite essays in this book so far is titled, Who Owns Anne Frank?

Must have item for the season is chunky wool-y scarves. Scarves are my must-have accessory all wear around. In the summer I opt for lighter weight ones. But in the winter, the chunkier and warmer the better, the better. 

I'd love to spend more time on our piece of land on one of the smaller islands in Fiji. Our purchasing the lan was so serendipitous and Even thought I'd love to travel the world, I think going back and getting to know our six acres better and designing the house and so on is where I would like to be right now.

My favourite social media platform would have to be Insatgram, without a doubt! A few years ago bloggers would ask me me where my biggest community was and I would say Instagram. It was a time where people didn't understand the community you could form on Instagram. Instagram is still my biggest and most amazing community. You can find me all over it @alifeunstyled. 


My current fragrance is the only one I wear and have been wearing for almost eight years - Allure Sensuelle by Chanel (EDP). I started wearing it just a bit before I met my husband and I guess it is also a scent I associate with him and our early years together. 

My favourite home space would have to be my writing desk. It took me awhile to find it but as soon as I saw it I knew it was the one. It blew my budget but what can I say. I've bought the cost per use down significantly!  I moved it around our home depending on the season. In the summer it is in our lounge, bathed in natural light. In the colder months I move it into the bedroom. 

Thank you so much Vanisha got partaking in my 5 minutes with feature. It was so lovely of you to share a little about you. 

You can find Vanisha - Instagram // Twitter // Facebook // Blog

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished