I myself would like to simplify the everyday in my life and de-clutter my home - which will happen soon enough. But simplifying the tasks on hand everyday can be a challenge when life throws you curve balls. Life has been quite hectic for me at the moment with Mum in hospital over the last two weeks and transitioning her into an assisted care facility, there is a lot involved and mountains of paperwork to be completed. But we are nearly there. The last two weeks have taken a toll on all my tasks that I have at hand. I am blogging later in the evening, which is normally the time I sit and relax with my daughters, I have just enrolled to get my Diploma of Business as well. So life is full on at the moment.
Looking forward I have had to prioritise my tasks at hand. I would like to share a few tips on how I try to make my life simpler.
- Implement a basic cleaning schedule by doing small tasks during the week in the morning and after dinner. I have achieved all the small tasks in the morning before leaving for the day and leaving the major ones like vacuuming and mopping for the weekend.
- Resign from something you are not passionate about. I enrolled last year to complete Certificate in Teaching Support which I have not been active in for a few weeks and have the feeling that it is not for me.
- Stop trying to be perfect at every little thing and concentrate on doing a good job always.
- Clean out your wallet. I have just purchased a new Oroton wallet and de-cluttered throwing out all the unnecessary items, receipts etc. I have loads of cards as i am sure most of you do as well. I have a separate card purse and only keep my main cards in my purse. I also have a separate purse for my coins as to not over bulk my wallet.
- Sort out your wardrobe - I will go into further detail in another blog post, as this can take time.
- Delete and unsubscribe to any social networking accounts or emails that no longer interest or appeal to you.
- Start your day with a healthy meal. I try to never leave the house without something healthy in my belly and encourage my daughters to do the same.
- Set one goal and do not stop until you have achieve it.
- If you are, like me, and awake during the night with a hundred ideas floating around in your head, have a pen and paper nearby to write them down or type them in your note of your phone to relieve your mind space.
- Try and make time for yourself and do something fun for yourself once in awhile. I have been wanting to go to the movies over the last few weeks but have not made time as of other prior commitments - hopefully next week.
- Rediscover the joy of engaging yourself in a novel and make the time to do so. I try and do this at bedtime by going to bed a little earlier, but sometimes technology takes over and the reading is put on the back burner.
- Learn to ask for help when needed and required - there are times when you just cannot do it all and there is no harm in asking for some assistance.
- Most of all never be discouraged - try - make mistakes - learn from them - laugh about them and move on.
Are there any tips you can add that you use to simplify the everyday?
Image found here