Friday, March 13, 2015

LUNCHEON WITH NIKKI | STYLING YOU + OLYMPUS

What a few weeks. I have been on an emotional rollercoaster ride full of so many ups and downs with sorting out the next phase as too where my mother was going to be. This has been taking a toll on my body and knocking me down with a bad cold. Thank goodness for cold and flu tablets to help me fast track getting well so I could make the Styling You + Olympus selfie luncheon at the QT Sydney.



Wednesday was amazing - amazing food and equally as fabulous company and information to be shared. Nikki and the team at Olympus through The Remarkables Group shared great food, wine and photography tips to perfect our selfie taking - tips I found invaluable and super useful.


   
Tips that Nikki shared - 

1. Natural light is your friend. 

2. What is your best side? We all have a best side so choose to face that angle towards the camera when taking your selfie.

3. Tit your head on a slight angle.

4. Take photo from head height or slightly above - I find slightly above can help disguise my double chin.

5. Tilt chin out and slightly on an angle.


The food was amazing, especially the dessert - ice cream profiteroles and donuts. They were simply divine. 

We had a chance to have our photos taken and to p-e-r-f-e-c-t our selfie stance. 




This is my favourite photo of myself from the day. Wearing a CUE dress from a few years ago with Spendless Shoes (gifted).



Nikki's group selfie - I am there but over to the right out of frame.



Lovely ladies Samantha from The Annoyed Thyroid. Kirralee from Escape With Kids and Namrate from Namy's Style Nest. I had the pleasure of meeting so many fabulous ladies and I look forward to catch up with them all again soon.

Sharing my everydaystyle on instagram -


I have started taking a few photos upstairs, but they still need perfecting a little more, don't you think?

You can read more about the luncheon at Styling You + The Annoyed Thyroid

Thank you so much Nikki and Olympus for the lovely day.

Have you any selfie tips to share? Please do so in the comments.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished