Sundays are meant to be days of leisure and taking time to rest and revive for the busy week ahead. Most Sundays I like to take it easy and cook something nutritious but not too involved. One of our favourites is quiche.
I sheet puff pastry
1 tablespoon olive oil
I brown onion, sliced
200g Bacon, rind removed and thinly sliced
1/3 cup cream
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
sea salt and cracked black pepper
Pre heat oven 180 degrees.
1. Line the loose bottomed tray with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place pastry into the tray and trim.
3. Heat oil in a large non stick frying pan.
4. Add the onion and bacon and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Remove from heat + set aside.
5. Place the eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine.
6. Spoon onion mixture and vegetables into the tart shell add cheese.
7. Pour the egg mix over the filling.
8. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until set and golden.
NOTE - With the quiche I tend to add what is around at the time in the form of vegetables which most likely consists of broccoli, peas and corn. To keep it easy I just use puff pastry as the base.