Monday, February 16, 2015

colour of the year MARSALA

Every year Pantone announce the colour of the year and for 2015 it is Marsala. A robust deep red - brown shade that has me thinking. Our home has the robust hue, or close to it as bench tops in our bathrooms and as tiles in our powder room. A decision that was made back in 1998 when we built our home as we wanted to embrace the heritage colour for a heritage feel in our home.



This hue is featuring in our fashion boutiques in forms of burgundy,maroon, claret and other deep red, brown, purple shades. If I have to be honest I have to say it may take a lot of convincing for me to add this colour to my style regime. I have no problem having a glass or two of this rich bodied wine but to wear it, I am not convinced.

A lovely colour for the cooler seasons as it just exudes warmth, we can find the colour slowly trickling into department stores and boutiques everywhere. 

Perusing through pinterest I came across some lovely ways to incorporate the colour of the year into your styling agenda. A perfect colour for work. A perfect hue for a manicure or pedicure.(Now that I could do). The fedora and scarf are appealing to me though.


Country Road has taken control by adding the colour palette throughout their range for ladies. 

1.Country Road Fedora $59.95 // 2.Country Road Faux Fur Scarf $129.00 // 3. Country Road Waterfall Cardigan $149.00 // 4. Country Road Moulded Sleeve Top $79.95 // 5.Country Road Clutch $59.95 // 6. Giorgio Armani Nail Lacquer $40.00 // 7. 7 For All MankindCoated Pebble Jeans $51.99




Take after these stylish ladies and wear with denim, black and grey. Add a pop of leopard or all take after Blair from Gossip Girl and go all out in the colour in a sexy dress.



Is this a colour for you? 

Do you own any special pieces in the colour of the year?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished