Saturday, January 17, 2015

lunch box SAVOURY MUFFINS

It is nearly time for back to school. Time to start thinking of healthy lunch box snacks for our children. I have made these often for my daughters over the years. The love these healthy and tasty treats so much os that Miss B made them this week.


Ingredients
1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
2 cups grated tasty cheese
1 cup carrot, grated
1/2 cup of frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen corn
3/4 cup milk
1 egg


Method
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. 
2. Line with a 12 x 1cup muffin tray with patty cases.
3. Sift flour into large bowl. 
4. Add cheese, and vegetables. 
5. Whisk milk and egg in a small bowl or jug until well combined.
6. Mix until just combined.
7. Spoon into muffin cases.
8. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until tested with a skewer into the centre and comes out clean.
9. Turn out to cool.
10. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

I do freeze them and pull them out in the morning for lunch that day.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished