Maxi (long) dresses are perfect for all occasions and are super easy to wear. I believe they also add a touch of glam to your day. There is something about a maxi that makes you feel G L A M O R O U S. I look to purchase a new Maxi dress every year, Maxi dresses just seem to make you feel super comfortable as they hang perfectly over your silhouette.
Luxe to Less -
Witchery Gold Trim Maxi Dress $149.95 // Seed Heritage Rope Detail Maxi $129.95 // French Connection Chevron Maxi $103.96 (on sale) // Big W Spot Maxi Dress $55.00 (on sale) // Target Tiered Maxi Dress $49.00
French Connection California Dreaming Maxi Dress $249.95 // Seed Heritage Broderie Maxi Dress $189.95 // *Wish Golden Maxi Dress $149.95 // Target Spliced Maxi Dress $109.00 // Big W Lee Cooper Maxi $29.25
*Cooper St Botanical Maxi $189.95 // Witchery High Neck Maxi $129.95 // Seed Heritage Print Maxi $129.95 // Piping Hot Aztec Maxi $35.00 // Big W Frill Maxi $35.00
Witchery Bead Trim Maxi $129.95 // * Wish Aligned Maxi $100.00 // Seed Heritage Cross Back Maxi $79.95 // Birdsnest Hatley Stripe Maxi $100.00 // French Connection Stripe Dress $15.96 (only large sizes left)
1. Make sure you try them on and fit you well if they have a fitted bodice make sure everything is sitting comfortably.
2. Check the length is not too long, if so you can take to your dressmaker to alter to just skim below the ankle. Alternatively you can knot the hem which brings the hemline higher. More great tips from Fox in Flats here.
3. Some maxis can also be super low cut and if you are not comfortable with how much cleavage is showing add a similar colour cami or a strapless bandeau/top underneath to give the coverage you feel comfortable with.
4. Wear them with a strappy sandal or wedge to keep the light airy feel when wearing a maxi dress.
5. If the dress is too flowy for you cinch in the waist with a skinny belt.
Are you a maxi dress lover?
Where did you find your perfect maxi dress?
Linking in with Wardrobe Wednesday over at Kimba Likes
*denotes affiliate link