Wednesday, November 5, 2014

styling your day - HOW TO WEAR SNEAKERS WITH A DRESS


This season sports luxe is everywhere and I am loving how you can wear sneakers with a dress.  A glam but casual way to style your dresses.

4 tips that I have learnt is to 

1. Keep the material of your sneaker light weight in summer. Summer is hot so wear a sneaker that breathes and offers comfort. I just love my leather converse sneakers.

2. Mix it up by experimenting with prints and colour adding different textures and keeping colour tones similar.

3. Keep the sneakers low cut. The ankle is a delicate part and can be one of the most flattering parts of your leg. Showing it off can benefit your style. If you choose to or need to wear socks keep them neutral and low cut. A little sockette or liner sock will suffice but they can tend to slip off.  I do not wear socks with them as they can tend to give the illusion of a thicker ankle. 

4. Keep your proportions balanced. Flat sneakers elongate the legs where as high tops can give the illusion of thicker ankles and making you look shorter.


When I saw the first image above on pinterest i just fell in love with wearing sneakers with a dress. I especially love them with a striped dress giving a nautical look.




Are you a fan?  Would you consider wearing sneakers with a dress?






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished