Saturday, October 25, 2014

baking couture COCONUT CAKE


II finally have my mother out of hospital and staying with me for a few days. She is doing well. Today was a relaxing day for a hot Saturday. I baked two cakes our regular Banana Bread and this delicious coconut cake. I have been wanting to make this for a while now after having ordering one while I was out a few months ago at my favourite cafe.

Coconut Cake

Ingredients:

125 grams unsalted butter
1 cup caster sugar
2 lightly beaten eggs
1 cup sifted Self Raising flour
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup milk

Method:
Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
Lightly grease and line a 1-x20cm loaf pan. 
Place butter and caster sugar in a large bowl and beat with electric beater until light and creamy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition until well combined. 
Fold four and coconut into mixture, alternating with milk, until just combined. 
Spoon the mixture into the lined pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished