Friday, October 10, 2014

5 minutes with CARLY | SMAGGLE


I am delighted to have the gorgeous Carly who blogs over at Smaggle for this weeks 5 minute with ..... Carly just makes smile. SHe is just gorgeous inside and out  and I cannot wait for the day when I can finally meet Carly in person. To me. personally, Carly exudes warmth and style.

1. Favourite Quote/Daily Mantra – ‘Well behaved women rarely make history.’ - Marilyn Monroe 

2. My style icon is - Catherine Baba, she’s this nutty little Australian stylist who lives in Paris and dresses like a eccentric glamorous gypsy. I can’t tell if she’s 15 years old or 50 years old. She’s spectacular. Also I love Diana Vreeland and Daphne Guinness. 

3. Timeless beauty is - Self acceptance. I think once women get on board with themselves, they just always look awesome. Sometimes, if you know someone long enough, you can actually see it happening. It’s pretty magical when a woman starts dressing the way she truly wants to instead of the way she thinks she should. 

4. I cannot live without my - iPhone, FitBit, lipgloss and sunglasses. I never go anywhere without those 4 things. 

5. Must have beauty item - Benefit Pore-fessional, any kind of hair powder and perfume. 

6. Currently love shopping at - Seed. They’re just speaking my language this season. Oh my favourite shop Religion just opened in Bondi - can’t wait to check it out next time I’m in Sydney. If money was no object, it would be Marimekko. If money was REALLY no object it would be Oscar de la Renta or Lacroix. 

7. The colour I love most is - black and silver. For an actual colour though, I admit I love pink. All shades of pink. 

8. On my wishlist - Leather sandals for summer and a new dress for a wedding I have coming up. And a holiday! In the mountains with lots of walking, red wine, reading and navel gazing. 

9. Currently reading - I just finished Gone Girl and I’m not actually sure that I got it. Everyone raved about it and I think I must have missed the point. I didn’t hate it per se, I was just a bit miffed as to why everyone has been wetting their pants over it. Also Vogue and Monocle magazines. 

10. Must have for Summer - Maxi dresses and a big enough hat so that it doesn’t squish my hair. 

11. If I could go anywhere in the world it would be - Berlin. I’ve had it on my wish list for ages so I’m hoping to make a move there for a few months next year. 

12. My favourite social media platform -. I’d say Facebook. Even though it’s unpredictable, my FB community ROCKS and I just love hanging out with all the mad cats in there. 

13. In my carry on luggage I always have - My inflatable travel pillow and eye mask. I sleep on every single flight, always. It’s the only way to stay sane when I travel every 2 weeks. 

14. I cannot leave home without - my FitBit. I will actually freak out. I’ve been tracking my steps for almost 2 years and to break that cycle of data is a crushing thought. 


15. If money were not an object which designer label would I most love to purchase? Oscar de la Renta, Lacroix, Westwood, Balenciaga, McQueen - anything luxe boho/gypsy princess meets rock and roll babe. I love Chanel and Dior but they’re a bit neat and preppy for me. I love a bit of grunge and grit. 


You can find Carly here BLOG || FACEBOOK || PINTEREST || INSTAGRAM

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished