Thursday, August 21, 2014

little ways to BOOST YOUR ENERGY LEVELS


Do you lack energy in the afternoon? I know I do every now and again and I need a huge energy boost.

Every now and then we all experience an energy slump. Here are 10 natural, simple and free ways to boost your energy levels and increase your productivity:
1. Open a window. 
Get some fresh air, if this is not possible, turn on a fan or take a quick 5 minute walk outside your office.
2. Stay organised. 
Cluttered environments zap our energy and create frustration when we can’t find things. Clean it up and clear your mind. 
3. Take two minutes to sit and breathe. 
Deep breathing helps to reduce stress and therefore fatigue. Increase the level of oxygen in your blood and calm your mind for just a few minutes and you will notice the positive effects immediately.
4. Put the sugar in your bin. 
Increased sugar levels will lead to fluctuations in energy and ultimately have a negative effect. Bin it!
5. Eat regularly throughout the day. 
East consistently, and choose whole grains and natural energy foods.
6. Prioritise your day. 
Schedule a ‘to-do’ list the evening before, and start the day with the hardest or most important task first. The rest of the day will be easier and enjoyable.
7. Exercise. 
Most research suggests it is best to exercise in the morning, but I find this almost impossible with my schedule and I prefer to exercise at night. As long as you are fitting in at least 20 minutes per day your body and mind will thank you for it.
8. Sleep! 
We generally need 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep to function at our best. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished