Wednesday, August 27, 2014

beauty tips ALEXA CHUNG | IT




I have been reading Alexa Chung's, 'IT' and I wanted to share with you some of her beauty tips which I thought you may want to think about.

"If I know I'm going out for the day and potentially into the night I add a cat-eye eyeliner. I stole this look from Cleopatra and Ronnie Spector from The Ronettes and I think it's pretty much the most flattering make-up of all time… Practice makes perfect and always think 'up and out'."

"A little eyelash curl goes a long way, especially if, like me you have what could pass as a row of iron filings for eyelashes." 

My youngest daughter stated that an eyelash curler is a must. 

I have never used one before - have you?

"With lip balm it's best to stick to Australian pawpaw cream or natural products to avoid a massive lip peel, which can happen when you use glosses or overly fragranced products. I will occasionally exfoliate my lips (sounds disgusting, sort of is.) An impromptu exfoliation kit I have used in the past is some Vaseline and brown sugar, which I rub onto my mouth and rinse off with warm water."

I use paw paw cream all the time. Have you used paw paw cream? Which brand is your favourite?

"A dot of cream blush on each cheek blended with my fingertips is the approach I now take for that slightly flushed but not overly embarrassed look."

A little snippet from her book 'It'. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished