Friday, August 8, 2014

BAKING COUTURE | STANDBY BROWNIES | DONNA HAY



These Standby Brownies are my go to recipe for something quick and tasty for an little snack or chocolate craving.

The recipe can be found in my all time favourite Donna Hay Cookbook Fast. Fresh. Simple. By Donna Hay bible.

Standby Brownies. 

150g butter
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
1/2 cup plain flour


Pre heat oven to 160 degrees. 

Place the butter, sugar and cocoa in a saucepan over low hear and stir until the butter has melted.

Spoon into a bowl and add the vanilla and eggs, whisking well. 

Sift the flour over the mixture and whisk to combine. 

Spoon the mixture into a 20cm square cake tin lined with non stick paper.

Bake for 30-50 minutes or until centre is just set.

Cool in tin and cut into squares to serve. 

I also sprinkle with icing sugar.


Do you have a recipe book that you just always go to ?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished