These tips are vital for a perfect fit bra every time. Remember to adjust your bra straps. My daughters come to me every now and again for me to adjust their bras.
Follow these tips to keep the fit perfect...
- Tighten the straps so they fit snugly on your shoulders.
- Make individual adjustments for each cup. It is common you may find one strap more tight than the other.
- Look in the mirror to make sure the bra fits smoothly and your breasts are inside the cups. Your bra straps should lie flat against your body.
- Baggy cups are a sure way of letting you know that you have the wrong size. Try going down a cup size. If your cups are creasing around the nipple the you need to try going down a back size to pull the fabric taut.
- The main support from the bra is the band, so make sure that you are wearing the right band size. If the band size is too big then the straps will take the weight and dig in causing discomfort.
- Spilling over the top or sides of your bra does not make your breasts look bigger. Try the next size up for a better fit.
- Look in the mirror to make sure the bra fits smoothly and it is all the same level all the way around. If the bra is riding up you will probably need a smaller band size.
- Your bra band should feel tight and firm with enough space to insert two fingers under the back band and one under the front at the centre.
- Fasten a new bra on the loosest hook as a bra band can grow due to wash and wear. When you buy a bra make sure that it fits properly on the loosest hook as you may need to tighten with wear.
- Make sure the underwire is sitting flat against your body and not digging in.
- To make sure the bra fits properly with the right shape try it under a fitted t-shirt. Look at yourself from all angles and make sure you have an uplifted look with no bulging.