Friday, July 11, 2014

THINGS I HAVE DISCOVERED ABOUT MYSELF



The gorgeous and stylish Nikki over at Styling You has got me thinking about what I have discovered about myself at my tender age of 46. The forties have been fabulous, although they have probably been the toughest years of my life. With my father passing away and the breakdown of my 20 + year relationship.

I have discovered that -

I am resilient and strong enough to get through tough times, although there are stages you go through when you lose someone, I lost my father and my relationship all with in months of each other and now that I think about I can see my relationship breaking down way back. Although devastating and sad, I have to say I am happy. we are still friends and do things together as a family, which is very important to me.

I am a good mother who has made mistakes and I felt rather guilty for things, unnecessary guilt, but I am sure every mother goes through this and I have realised that my daughters are loving, caring and humble ladies whom I love and adore in every way possible. Is guilt a wasted emotion? I think so. It has been for me. I think we place too much pressure on ourselves.

I like to look my best everyday to make myself feel better and put in the effort is important to me. Why not put in extra effort to keep happy. I am happier and I like myself more than I ever have. 


What have you discovered about yourself lately?




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished