Thursday, July 10, 2014

LUXE TO LESS | WEAR YOUR BASICS WITH HIGH END PIECES


Wear basics with your high end purchases.

Try not to wear all of your bargain basics all at once. The general rule is that cheap pants in bright colours usually look cheap. But a cheap pair in a neutral colour generally look more expensive. An example is that a cheap white tee will do fabulous with a tailored skirt or pants. Or the basic footless black tights will go great with a fabulous print dress and black flats. A simple, classic but chic look.




Winter has been lovely but bitterly cold and layering your basics with high end purchases will take you along way to giving you versatile styling for your day, week and weekend.You can never really have too many basics. One basic that you can scrimp on is tees and long sleeve tops perfect for layering under knits or jackets.




If you follow along on my instagram account you will see that I have a wide selection of knits and basics to layer with my jeans some at a low price point from Big W (my distressed boyfriend style jeans) and others from Witchery (my favourite place to shop for jeans). I recently purchased three different styles and I have them on high rotation -

1. Coated Pintuck Jean $129.00 \\ 2. French Navy Skinny Jean $99.00 \\ 3.Zip Patch Cargo Pant $129.00


Basic Tees The One from Cotton On - $14.95 each



These tees are a lovely fit. I bought all 3 in V neck as they suit my round face better. Bargain.



What do you scrimp on? 

What do you spend more money on?




Linking in with Redcliffe Style

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished