Monday, July 14, 2014

EMBRACING MY TUMMY



I have to say it has taken me a long time to be happy with my tummy, being in my 40's has changed my self prognosis a great deal and I am happy to proclaim that I love my tummy after all how can I not after having a gall bladder removal in my mid 20's and growing two beautiful babies I am in awe how your tummy can bounce back. 

As a child I was always slim and slender and back then I guess I did not think too much of how my body looked, well it does not register any unhappiness at all. Enter year 9 and this is where my whole body shape changed and not for the best. My parents owned a milk bar/ newsagency, which my sister, brother and I just loved but ....... we all put on weight as we had access to chocolate, lollies and potato chip heaven. Then I started disliking my body and wanted to be thinner. I went through years of wanting to be thinner. This went on for years and it was not until my gall bladder operation in my mid 20's that I actually lost the weight and became to feel more comfortable with myself.

Then a few years later I fell pregnant with my first daughter Miss R and I loved and enjoyed every minute of being pregnant. I was not concerned about losing my pregnancy weight (I gained 10 kg) as it just fell off me and I only breastfed for 9 months. then in the same year as turning 30 gave birth to Miss B and this changed everything I did not bounce back as much and I only breastfed for 6 weeks. But you know what it did not really bother me I was happy and by girls were healthy and happy. I have weighed the same weight for the last 13 years and that is where I will stay.

Take a look at these beautiful people sharing their tummies over at xojane. The gorgeous Bev at Baby Mac sharing her belly here

You are you and you are beautiful. V x


Are you going to embrace your self for who your are?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished