Monday, June 2, 2014

MUM REVELATIONS | RAYCHAEL CASE



It is with my pleasure to welcome Raychael Case who blogs over at Ms Mystery Case for this weeks Mum Revelations feature.

1. Where do you reside? 

After 22 moves, I find myself in Perth, Western Australia. Having seen a lot of the country thanks to my husband’s work, we are now hoping to call Perth home.

2. What is special about where you live? 

We are still relative newbies to Western Australia and Perth. There is a saying ‘there is nothing to do in Perth’ but since we arrived I’ve found it to be the opposite.

3.  How did you get your business started? 

Having to continually relocate with my husband’s work and with three girls under three I was struggling to find work outside the home that would justify the childcare costs. Even finding affordable childcare that I was comfortable with was a struggling and with no family nearby for backup, basically mission impossible.  I initially started out selling online (before Ebay) and once the girls started school a Virtual Assistant business from home.

4. What is your favourite childhood memory? I’m the eldest of four, so heading off to my grandmothers for one on one time where I was completely doted on. She would make me the most divine banana fritters and we would sing and dance along to country and western music.

5.  Who inspires you? 

Different people at different times. Currently Kirsty Mackenzie from Obsessive Creative Designs who has also started the Warm Fuzzies Facebook group. A group dedicated to keeping online positive in a big way. Kirsty has had a tough few years but is the most positive person I know. Very generous with her time and her knowledge and never has a bad word to say about anyone.  We could all learn something from Kirsty.

6. Describe your perfect day? 

I experienced the perfect day not so long after moving to Perth. A friend arrived from NSW and we had not just the perfect day but the perfect week. As a family as we explored our new home from a tourist perspective. It was a week of family, food and fun. What more could you want?!

7. Favourite holiday destination? 

A family holiday is long overdue. I would dearly love a cruise or a resort where you just turn up and everything is catered. I also wouldn’t mind a fairy godmother arriving to pack my bags and keep an eye on my girls.

8. What are some of your favourite items that you could not live without? My husband of almost 20 years.

9. What is your favourite product for kids and why? Quality time with family and friends. Continually moving and never being near family we all would prefer family visits over products or ‘stuff’ every time.

10. What is one product you have bought that you did not need but just had to have?  

I actually haven’t purchased the item but I’m getting close. It’s possibly debatable, depending on who you ask, if the item in question is more a need or a want but given the $2k price tag and the abundance of hardly used kitchen appliances I currently own, I’m thinking a Thermomix fits the ‘just have to have’ bill.

11. What is your family’s favourite meal? 

We have a few. One Christmas I made the mistake of suggesting rather than my traditional feast each person could nominate their favourite meal. In the end we had everything from Yum Cha, Mexican, Crispy Pork Skin Belly, Fruit Salad and a ridiculous amount of chocolate. My entire family are self-confessed chocoholics.

12. Are you a fashion conscious mother? 

If so what is your favourite label for yourself? Not as much as I should be lately. I try not to have favourite brands but I do have a thing for WA designer Jessica Bratich’s handbags. I have eight in my collection already and I’m just about to add number nine.

13. What is the best thing about being a mother? 

The long service leave.  No seriously, I don’t think I could possibly name just one thing. It’s a tough ‘gig’. Long hours, no pay, little sleep, demanding staff who need constant attention, monitoring and training.  With no manual to guide you and basically a lot of on the job training as you go… but I wouldn’t swap being a mother for anything in the world.

14. To finish off would you like to add a favourite photo? Tell us why it is your favourite.


Our wedding photo. You will notice the very casually dressed best man and best sister in the background.  You see, we threw a beach engagement party and surprised everyone by getting married on the day.  My parents had recently divorced, my mother was recovering from treatment for breast cancer and my husband’s family were busy organising the wedding of the century for his sister.  Surprising everyone meant we could keep it low key and low stress for everyone.  Mind you the minute we decided on the BIG surprise my husband’s work decided to send him to sea for a month. So even though it was low key, there was still a lot of stress and organising on my part. 


 This photo of my three girls. It was taken just after we moved to Perth. They’ve grown up far too much since then.  It was a tough ask moving them 5000 km from family and friends but for the most part they took it in the stride and continue to make me proud to be their mum.




If you would like to be featured here with a Mum Revelations feature or a My Revelations feature please send me an email. I would be happy to have you aboard the revelations feature here at Style on V.





You can keep updated with Style On V on Facebook | Follow me on instagram. | Shop my closet here. | Shop the children's boutique Bambini Child.


11 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for featuring me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very welcome Raychael. It was lovely of you to share a little about you and your lovely family. Thank you. V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview gorgeous girl...I adore finding out about the person behind the blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. kirsty mackenzieJune 2, 2014 at 11:59 AM

    You are so kind to label me the "most positive person you know", I just wish I could do more!!
    I think it is the positive, amazing people I choose to surround myself with, people like you Ms Case, that makes it so easy to be happy and fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely interview. Great to hear a bit more about the mystery behind Ms Mystery Case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always good to find out more about the face behind the blogs. V x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hearing more about you Raychael and meeting Mr MC and your lovely girls. Thanks for the interview Vicki & Raychael. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved finding out more about Raychael. V x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished