Thursday, June 19, 2014

DAILY STYLE FILE | HOW TO DRESS YOUR BABY BUMP


It can be really heard to be stylish, warm and pregnant at the same time especially when your bump gets bigger. I was delighted when the lovely Shari asked for my styling advice. Although it has been quite awhile since I was last pregnant, and hasn't pregnancy style come a long way over the last 15 years. I am delighted to help Shari. Celebrities are chic and stylish and this does not stop even when they are pregnant. While stalking pinterest I found favourite pregnant celebrity style came from Olivia Wilde casual and chic.

I need some help - I'm a 'new' mum, I have a 13 month old and I'm pregnant with my second due in October. I had a style when I worked buy now I'm struggling - especially with maternity wear. Do you have any tips? Shari 




Keep it simple and stay true to you. If you like to wear clothes that fit snug then do so but if you prefer loose and flowy go with that or mix it up and add variety with both styles.

When you are in the last trimester accentuate that gorgeous belly bump, you do not want to look bigger than you already are. Lycra can be your best friend as this stretches with you.

You can never go wrong with denim which you can add a stretchy panel too for longer wear and give your growing tummy support. Comfort is key. Y0u can also lengthen the wear of jeans already in your closet with an attachable belly band.

For a more dressy look wear a wrap dress with or without a top underneath and an added bonus it ties rather than buttons.

Cotton with a lycra blend is the best in solid colours

Accessorise with jewellery and statement necklaces or a vibrant scarf for colour.


Target Stripe Tee $40.00 | Queen Bee Maternity Jeans on sale for $89.95 

Mix Apparel Quilted Bomber Jacket $39.00 | Converse Sneakers $70.00




Country Road - Top $59.95 | Waterfall Cardigan $179.00 | Indigo Utility Pant  $129.00 




If you have a style question you would like help with, please email me and I would love to help. 


 Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Children's Boutique

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for the inspiration - I channelled my inner stylista today and even snapped a shot for Instagram (@goodfoodweek) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done.. You are looking fabulous. V x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished