Monday, May 5, 2014

MUM REVELATIONS | EVA | THE MULTI TASKING MUMMY


I would like to you all to meet Eva from The Multitasking Mummy

1. Where do you reside?

I live about 40 minutes west of Brisbane City.

2. What is special about where you live?

Almost one year ago, we sold the home that we built and downsized to an almost 100 year old Workers Cottage so that I could continue to stay at home with my now 2 year old son. I love the character of our home and the stories that are engrained into the walls. We have plans to renovate the kitchen and put a deck on the back, it’s very exciting.

I love the big yard and I adore the gardens.  I love admiring my roses and gerberas, picking our persimmons, tomatoes and passionfruit. My son loves watching the birds of an afternoon, helping me in the garden and picking the fruit, although he still loves picking something that isn’t ripe...it’s a learning process. Going walking around our suburb is like taking a step back in time with many heritage listed homes. It’s quite inspiring. Although it’s not the country, I certainly feel like it is living here and I’m definitely a country girl at heart.



3.  How did you get your business started?

My blog started when my son was 6 months old and I was a career focused woman turned stay at home mum. I was constantly twiddling my thumbs wanting to do something that would get my mind turning. I’d seen blogs here and there as scrolled through my social media and thought I’d give it a go. That was in July 2012 and now my blog has grown like I never expected, I have made some awesome friends within the ‘blogosphere’ and best of all, I’ve discovered my love for writing and have begun branching out into the freelance writing world.

4. What is your favourite childhood memory?

Oh, there are so many nice ones. It would have to be Christmas time. My parents made it so special for my sisters and I. Every year my dad would dress up as Santa Claus and we’d always find him crouching down in the fire place. We’d always ask Mum where dad was, and the answer was always the same ‘He’s up on the roof looking after Santa’s reindeer’. After Santa would leave, there were always pieces of carrot strewn across the driveway.  I remember always waking early on Christmas morning; I would lie in my bed listening closely for the sound of the reindeers hooves on the tin roof. One of my sisters and I would always sneak out to see the presents under the tree.


5. What are some memories that you like to create for your children?

I want to create exactly the same memories I had of Easter and Christmas. Our imaginations ran wild and my parents really made it so special for us. I’ll never forget the wonderful Easter Egg hunts on my grandparents acreage and when we used to leave letters for Santa on the fireplace mantel, knowing that Santa would suck them up the chimney all the way to the North Pole. We always got a letter back in fancy writing (thanks to my Dad). I want to do exactly the same for my kids. Imagination is a wonderful thing.

6.  Who inspires you?

My Oma (grandmother) who passed away when I was 15, has always inspired me. She came over to Australia with my Opa from the Netherlands, they had absolutely no family here but started their own family and had my Mum, my aunt and my uncle. Unfortunately when my Mum was 11, my Opa died whilst rescuing two girls who were drowning at the beach. He had an artificial lung which filled with water. My Oma, not having any family here, raised three children all on her own. They were already quite poor but she went out to work to support them. She also went on to get her Masters in Literature and taught English, amazing considering English was her second language. I wish she was here today so that she could be my writing mentor.

7.  Describe your perfect day?

When there’s nowhere to be and I can just enjoy the day with my husband and son, whether it be hanging around home or doing something together.

8. Favourite holiday destination?

I absolutely adore the south island of New Zealand. We’ve been there twice and on the second trip, took our son. Although I’m a Queenslander, I just love the crisp freshness of the cold climate, I find it somewhat invigorating and the scenery there is amazing.

9. What are some of your favourite items that you could not live without?

I most certainly could not live without my laptop. Everything else, I’d be fine without.

10. What is your favourite product for kids and why?

Can I say a vapouriser? Elliott has suffered for quite some time with constant upper respiratory infections and when he was diagnosed with mild hearing loss at the end of last year, he had his adenoids removed and grommets. The vapouriser was a life saver and helped him get a better night’s sleep every time.

11. What is one product you have bought that you did not need but just had to have?

Probably my iPad. With my laptop computer and Samsung Galaxy 3 Notebook,  I really don’t need it.

12. Your favourite children’s fashion label?

I don’t have a favourite, but love Pumpkin Patch, Charlie & Me and Seed.

13. What is your family’s favourite meal?

My homemade lasagne. I wouldn’t say it’s my favourite dish, but when my husband loves it and it’s one of the few meals my 2 year old will eat, it’s definitely a favourite in our house.

14. Are you a fashion conscious mother? If so what is your favourite label for yourself?

Part of me wishes I was, but now that I’m a mum, it seems to be more about practicality and cost. I’ve never really been in to labels, probably because the price tag scares me. One day I’d really like to be able to get a bit more fashionable again though and have somewhere to wear really nice clothes!

15. What is the best thing about being a mother?

Knowing that to the world I may be one person, but to my son, I am the world.

16. To finish off would you like to add a favourite photo? Tell us why it is your favourite.

This was taken when Elliott was 12 weeks old. To me, it’s just captured a moment in time of me with my baby boy and he will always be just that, my baby.



Thank you so much Eva for sharing a little more about you. V x


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished