Thursday, May 15, 2014

HOW TO WEAR THE ESSENTIAL MUST HAVE | LEGGINGS


Leggings are a favourite for the cooler season. Personally I think leggings are an essential in every wardrobe, BUT you have to know how to wear them. You have to find the right pair for you. I find the thicker ponte fabric quality a better fit and look.



Remember leggings are not pants!

Wear them with 

- long button down tops adding a belt to emphasise your waist line and ankle boots.

- high boots and a long blazer or coat

1. Choose thick fabrics such as double knits as they tend not to emphasise the bulges.

2. Layering is key, if you think of leggings as tights rather than pants then wear them accordingly under skirts, tunics or dresses.

3. Wear long line tops, knits and jackets which help camouflage the stomach and derrière.

4. Wear with flats, boots or a low heel.





Leather look




How do you like to style your leggings?


Where do you purchase your leggings?




You can keep updated with Style On V on Facebook | Follow me on instagram. | Shop my closet here. | Shop the children's boutique Bambini Child

20 comments :

  1. I love leggings and own so many pairs. I buy them from all over but I look for high waisted pairs. I like the sleeker line they give. Great post! Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just this week I bought a pair of leather look leggings from Sussan. Great to see so many outfit ideas here. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, leggings are a winter staple for me. I'd like to get some patterned ones, but in more muted tones. Great tips.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am tempted to purchase the leather look but not to sure about them. Will have to try them on. V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes and yes! I love leggings (and I'm really tempted by those leather ones!). There's a horrible fashion in the UK right now with young girls wearing leggings with short tops - horrible on so many levels and doesn't even do the perfect figure justice - I'm tempted to print this post and hand it out around town ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love leggings but I can never find enough long length tops or knits to go with them. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I am not too sure about them either Sonia. Maybe I will build the courage to try them soon. V x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I understand even if you have a great body I think leggings can reveal more than they should, unless they are of a thicker material. Try the leather look ones - I am contemplating trying them as well. Let me know how you go. V x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have just made my day Jodi and I will endeavour to find tops and knits for you in a blog post next week. V x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love leggings especially during pregnancy! I'm so glad the weather has turned cooler so I can wear them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent I just ordered some thick leggings from OS now its getting chilli, some are a bit thin on the material side it seems. I look forward to your post next week on tops and knits to go with as like 'Jodi' said it can be hard to find things (especially with mid-drift tops back in fashion) long enough, as I unlike a lot of people in my surrounding suburbs know the difference between leggings and a pair of pants...lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Jodi, I love leggings and religiously follow the rule of not treating them like pants, but I can never find enough long tops or tunics to wear over them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leggings are great for comfort and ease of wear, especially during pregnancy. V x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wear did you order your leggings from? I am working on the post to find longer line tops for you. V x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am on a mission to find these longer tops for you all. V x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh it's nowhere flashy but I liked the colours & that they are lined nice & warm for winter & snow trip! We'll see how they turn out... Also have a few long top options on their to although 'western' sizes not always easy to get... http://m.aliexpress.com/item/977432834.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love leggings they make you feel great if you get the right long top. An important rule :) !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished