Wednesday, April 23, 2014

PARISIAN CHIC | THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN | THE PERFECT JEANS


 'When it comes to jeans, the most iconic model of all is the one that suits you best.'

Is there a perfect jean? I believe there is a perfect jean for everyone. We all have our own signature style to the cut and shape of the jeans we wear. According to Ines de la Fressange and her book Parisian Chic - A Style Guide the straight leg jean tend to be the most timeless of all and suit all body shapes.


Jeans are a must have in everyones closet. They are one of the most versatile pieces for us all. But years ago we all just had one pair of jeans in our closet and now there are so many colours and varieties which leave our options wide open.

- A black pair is compulsory and white is a must for a brighter touch.

- Navy blue are the favourite alternative to wear everyday

- Jeans go with everything.

- Wear white with a navy sweater in winter and ballet flats. At night pair them back with a silver sequinned jacket.

- Classic celeb style is to wear used denim with a tuxedo jacket, brogues and  printed scarf.








One Teaspoon Baggies $140.00 // Cotton On Boyfriend Jean $49.95 // Aztec Rose $64.95




Country Road Low Rise Jean $119.00 // Witchery Coated Jean $129.95 // Forever New High Rise $79.99 



Which style jean are you loving?


What colours are available in your closet?



If you have ant styling questions please do not hesitate by contacting me by email or on my 'styleonv' facebook page.

20 comments :

  1. Ah... jeans. I love them! At the moment, I am not wearing jeans thanks to recent surgery on my ankle. But, gosh, I am looking forward to pulling on my favs with some ankle boots and a cute cardi... I think I NEED some boyfriend jeans... love the Bohemian Traders version....


    Love all the images in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeans are a fabulous staple. Hope your ankle gets better fast. I have been thinking about the Bohemian Traders Jeans as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a boyfriend jeans girl. Or a classic mid rise skinny straight (not as fitted as a tube, not as loose legged as a straight). I love coloured jeans and patterned jeans. I almost always wear them cuffed. I will never ever again wear a pair of bootcut jeans. They make me look awful.


    Thanks for bringing in-jeanious style to Wardrobe Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeans...for now, there is THE perfect one for me - any skinny jeans really. But I have to put that aside for weekends only come next week when I go back out into the real world. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boyfriend jeans are the best I just love them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I personally love the skinny jeans as well. Enjoy life back in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love a good jean! Skinny, boyfriend, straight, cropped, flared! You name it I've got it! You have some great choices there. Loving those Witchery waxed ones. Great pics! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all jeans as well but I have to admit I am not a fan of the flare. The Witchery wax ones look great. V x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love skinny jeans provided I can pair them with a tunic or a long knit. I am wondering whether I should try and boyfriend jean now though. Hmmm. Food for thought. Thanks Vicki! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mama uniform 101 - I love my jeans! Is there anywhere a jean can't go??! Literally living in my shredded denim boyfriends from One Teaspoon right now - they're awesome. x K

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the boyfriend jean queen. V x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to do jeans, but my butt is just not happy when I do. I should get over that!! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sure there is a pair for you, yes you should get over that. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeans are my thing. Gotta be comfy though but look flattering. Can't do the boyfriend, ripped look nor would I ever tackle a white pair of jeans. Too honest for my liking. I did rate the Country Road jeans you've showed today when I tried them on. I took a black pair home with me and they tick both the hot and comfy boxes :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent Vicki. I am in need of a new pair of black jeans..... I think i will go and try the Country Road ones as well. V x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love jeans as I live in them! My favs are the skinny, straight leg and boyfriend. I have black, light blue, dark blue, red, and green.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a jean collection you have. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love my jeans and have about 20 pairs but mostly wear 2 or 3 of them - favourites are the straight legged skinny's but I've got a hankering for those one teaspoon baggies!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes I am in love with the one teaspoon ones as well. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished