Wednesday, April 16, 2014

PARISIAN CHIC | THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN | THE LITTLE BLACK DRESS


The little black dress can take you anywhere with style and class.

According to Ines de la Fressange author of Parisian Chic everyone must have The Magnificent 7 in their closet. 

With so many little black dresses to choose from, you should choose one that looks great on you and you feel comfortable in. Ines states in Parisian Chic that 'The Little Black Dress is not simply an item of clothing, it's a concept. It is abstract, it's universal - which means there is one that fits perfect for everybody.'

To wear the LBD keep it simple with a little elegance and a few accessories. 








To help with choosing the right style dress for your shape you will find that -

Apple Shape (full middle) an empire waist will suit you the best.

Pear Shape (fuller in the lower body) A - line shape will work better for you.

Triangle Shape (broad shoulders) a wide strap works well for you.

Rectangle Shape (straight waist) a more fitted style works best for you.

Hourglass (balanced lower and upper body) Definition in the  waist is the one for you.

A perfect place to shop for your little black dress would be The LBD The Little Black Dress boutique where perfection and sizing meets for everyone. They also have fabulous tips for choosing the right one for your shape here.




















I hope I did not overload you too much. Everyone should have a variety of black dresses in their closet, don't you think. They are everywhere to suit all budgets.

What style do you love the most? 

Where do you love to shop for your black dress?


If you have ant styling questions please do not hesitate by contacting me by email or on my 'styleonv' facebook page.



linking in with the fabulous Kimba Likes for wardrobe wednesday

12 comments :

  1. I'm sharing my new LBD on my blog today for Wardrobe Wednesday. Love how even a long maxi dress can be classified as a LITTLE black dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! I will have to take a look. Yes we all need a little black dress whether maxi or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my LBDs from The Perfect LBD online boutique. I'm having lots of fun styling the one for my 52 week challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing as chic as a black dress

    ReplyDelete
  5. No woman's wardrobe should be without several LBDs! I recently scored a fab Ponte one from Glassons, which is great for work. Now on the hunt for a beautiful evening one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed. I must have a look at Glassons. Good luck finding an evening one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The LBD is a concept that works for pretty much everyone. It used to be considered more of an evening option - but it wasn't that long ago that suede shoes in the daytime was a major faux pas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely agree with you here. I believe fashion is anything goes as long as you are confident in what you are wearing. Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vive la LBD! My fave is a v neck silk georgette cocktail dress from Alex Perry - it's a classic dolce vita "wiggle " dress and I always feel amazing. Need a day dress tho for casual, looking at Next Direct love their quality and cut at good price x K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds amazing Kate. Good luck for finding your casual look. V x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished