Wednesday, April 30, 2014

PARISIAN CHIC | THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN | THE LEATHER JACKET


This is the final instalment for the Magnificent Seven from one of my go to books Parisian Chic - A Style Guide by Ines de la Fressange. You can learn more about the first six -







Today we introduce The Leather Jacket. I do not own a leather jacket but I am deeply considering of purchasing one. How to transform your look with the leather jacket -



- wear with a dress

- add a little rock and roll to an elegant look

- add a string of pearls 

- the older or more distressed the jacket will be better.

TIP is to walk all over the jacket or place under your mattress to soften the leather.

- Never ever wear your leather jacket with biker boots

- For a classic look wear a tan leather jacket with white jeans a silk top and heels.
  



The best look leather jacket is one that is close fitting to your body, with slim sleeves. Keep an eye out for quality leather jackets at markets as well. 

Nikki over at Styling recently did a feature on the leather jacket which you can read here.

If you cannot afford or not really interested in real leather go the faux.




Real Leather




Forever New - Chiara Leather Jacket $199.99 // Kitty Leather Biker Jacket $269.99

10 comments :

  1. I would love a tan leather jacket. How gorgeous do they look! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tan jacket with the stripes and skirt. Just my style. Though I have to admit I think I would prefer a black one over the tan. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking of getting a tan jacket too, I might have to turn Parisian before the month is out! love these fashion pics x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up a vintage leather jacket at an op shop for $5 and it's just divine. My first op shop bargain buy since moving to Perth. Can't wait to show it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Vicki. I have a fabulous leather jacket from Monsoon in the UK in a gorgeous soft tan that I adore. It's biker style that is now back on trend, which makes me love it even more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Lucky you. I look forward to seeing you wear your jacket. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent Bev. I look forward to seeing the photos when you wear it. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I have to disagree! I think you can wear biker style boots with a leather jacket - especially if you add some pretty in the form of a 50s retro cute style tea dress or some office chic pussy bow blouse and pencil skirt. Tough Pretty is one of my favourite looks! Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished