Monday, April 28, 2014

MUM REVELATIONS | NIKKI | STYLING YOU


I am beyond excited to feature the blogger extraordinaire Nikki from Styling You today. Nikki lives in Brisbane and has 3 children two boys and a girl 18, 17 and 8. I have been  a huge fan of Nikki's for a number of years watching her grow and blossom with her amazing blog. 

So grab your favourite beverage, sit back and relax as Nikki shares a little about family life.

1. Where do you reside?
Brisbane, Queensland

2. What is special about where you live? 
We are new to inner-city living and loving being on the doorstep of great cafes and shops while still having a village atmosphere and being close to family and friends.

3. How long have you had your blog? 
6 years in July

4. What is your favourite childhood memory? 
Going to living in England with the family for five months when I was 12. My parents were teachers and had long-service leave so we got to travel and see countries we’d only ever read about.

5. What are some memories that you like to create for your children?
Travel is a big thing. Taking our youngest to New York and the West Coast of the US in 2012 was fantastic. He still talks about it. Hope to plan a trip to Europe for 2015.

6. Who inspires you and why? 
My girlfriends inspire me. They are each doing their own thing every day in business. It may not always be rosy but they keep on keeping on.

7. Describe your perfect day? 
Either rainy and cold beside a fire with a glass of red in my hand or hot and sunny beside a pool with a cocktail in my hand! A good book and my family at my side.

8. Favourite holiday destination? 
New York

9. What are some of your favourite items that you could not live without? 
iPhone
iMac
Thermomix
Nespresso machine
BB Cream
Coloured lippy
Mascara

10. What is your favourite product for kids and why?
Lego – it’s the toy that keeps on giving and can be passed down. My youngest now has a collection that includes Lego from his dad and his big brother as well as his own acquisitions!

11. What is one product you have bought that you did not need but just had to have?
A flamingo door stop for my office!

12. Your favourite children’s fashion label?
Country Road – great boys’ clothes that withstand the rough and tumble.

13. What is your family’s favourite meal?
Pizza – not mine but gets a majority vote every time here!

14.What is your go to mummy uniform?
A comfortable dress, a statement necklace and comfortable flat sandals.

15. What is the best thing about being a mother?
Having the privilege of seeing someone grow up and discover who they are and what they want to be.

16. Favourite place to shop? What are you loving right now?
Anywhere! I do like discovering small lifestyle shops that sell a mix of clothing and decorator pieces. Willow & Bird at Cotton Tree on the Sunshine Coast is my fave. My favourite boutique is Zambezee Boutique (Mooloolaba and Noosa).

For clothes I love shopping at independent designers such as Sacha Drake, Maiocchi, and Surafina near where I live as well as chain stores such as Country Road, Trenery, Sportscraft and Sussan.

16. To finish off would you like to add a favourite photo? Tell us why it is your favourite.
It's a favourite because visiting NYC was always a dream and seeing it from up in a helicopter felt like something out of this world - or something you'd see in a movie. Was amazing.


(how amazing is this photo?)

Thank you so much Nikki for taking part in Mum Revelations. 

10 comments :

  1. Sophisticated MummaApril 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM

    Lovely post, Nikki is so inspirational and I love her blog. Totally agree with the travel being great for the children. It's taught my children so much about culture and they've become more rounded people because of it. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous interview Vicki. It's wonderful to get to know more about the person behind such a great blog. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously how FABULOUS is Nikki and with such a massive heart too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for featuring me Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Vicki! I love getting to know more about the person behind the blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes total inspiration and so lovely inside and out. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it is great getting to know a more personal side. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Nikki does have a massive heart. So kind and generous. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so welcome lovely lady. Thank you for taking part. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished