Friday, April 4, 2014

BAKING COUTURE | CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES




As many of my readers know I am a huge Donna Hay fan. For Christmas I received 'The New Classics'. It is my new favourite cookbook.         

Ingredients

I cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
150g unsalted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose (plain) flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
400g dark chocolate, chopped 

Method

Pre heat oven to 160 degrees celsius. 

Place the brown and white sugars, butter and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until pale and creamy.

Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the egg, beating well to combine.

Add the flour, salt and baking powder and beat on low speed until a dough forms.

Fold through the chocolate.

Roll two tablespoons full of the dough at a time into balls. and flatten slightly.

Place on trays lined with non stick baking paper, allow room for spreading.

Bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden. 

Allow to cool on trays.

Tip: Although the cookies will still be soft to the touch when baked, you can tell they are ready when the edges are golden.

                                                                 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished