Friday, March 21, 2014

starting my HAPPINESS PROJECT


Do not get me wrong I am totally happy and blessed in so may ways. But I feel the need to invest a little in taking stock with my life and becoming a little more focused and in control with my feelings and thoughts. I have heard so much about Gretchen Rubin's book 'The Happiness Project' and I purchased this one last year from Kikki K along with The Happiness Journal to read and document my happiness project which fell to the wayside. So I have decided to apply myself and document here on my blog as well as the journal. I have just started reading the book again. The first month is to boost energy by - 

going to sleep earlier - this I already do. Most of the time I aim to be in bed by 10:30 at the latest and I have to say I sleep quite well although I do wake at least once per night which at times can take me a little bit to get back to slumber. I am an early riser, even on weekends, occasionally and very rare I may sleep until 8am on the weekend.

Do you go to bed at the same time each night and try to get the recommended 7-8 hours sleep?

exercising better - I am trying to accommodate more exercise into my daily routine (although I can be lazy). so this is something I will be working on over the next few weeks. I will try riding my bike a few times a week and walking to the bus stop with my eldest in the mornings. I love that in this Gretchen describes the time when her father said she could redecorate her room, if she started getting out the door to exercise, for even a few minutes. The trick was to get her out the door and to start something. 

'My father, himself a dedicated runner, never told me how far I had to run or how fast; he didn't even keep track of whether I went for twenty minutes. All he asked was that I put on my running shoes nad shut the door behind me. My father's deal got me to commit to a routine and once I started running, I found that I did not mind exercising, I just did not like sports.'

To do - purchase a pedometer so I can keep track of my steps and try to incorporate at least 10.000 a day.  Any recommendations please let me know.

Next up is to - Hmm!!! lets see how I will go with these. 

toss, restore and organise

tackling a nagging task

acting more energetic


2 comments :

  1. I just realised that I've read her book & it was great. My only 'issue' with her book was that she lives in New York with access to everything you could think, want or need ... whereas I live on the Gold Coast where access to so many options is rather limited, so I could not see how many of her suggestions could be translated to my life....

    I did think about doing her project at the time but realised it would too much pressure on me, so I decided against it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your feedback Mish. I am reading and looking at this lightly and trying to re focus my thinking and changing to thinking in a more positive way life throws those curve balls. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished