Tuesday, March 25, 2014

SHINE! SHINE! SHINE!


Yesterday morning as my youngest was leaving for school I wished her a happy day and good luck for her impending exam. I also added Shine Shine Shine and she smiled. Yes this is something I have picked up from Jackie Gillies from The Real Housewives of Melbourne. I love the housewives series and Jackie has really shined through with me. I like her positive nature and her affirmation shine shine shine. This is something that has stuck and I choose to say and think everyday. 

I have always over the years written or printed off affirmations for myself and my daughters. I believe they focus you when you need it the most. I have written little notes in their lunch boxes ever since they were in primary school. They bring these little notes up often and thank me for them. Often we all need a little encouragement and I believe shine shine shine says it all in those three little words. 

Shine ~ a quality of brightness, especially through reflecting light. To be brilliant or excellent at something. 

As the quote above by Roald Dahl states 'If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely'. A positive way of thinking that good thoughts will make you look lovely. 



13 comments :

  1. I love this Roald Dahl quote I saw it earlier today. I am going to remember Shine, shine , shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Roald Dahl quote is one my favourites. Just love the imagery it conjures up :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of Jackie straight away when reading your post title. I hadn't picked up on using it before, but you have swayed me.
    I absolutely love the quote by Roald Dahl. Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the notes in the lunch box thing too for my kids, and it's always so well received. Just a great way of showing them you think of them during the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do love lunch box notes and Jackie my fave from the show too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also give them little reminders of how wonderful they are with quotes they have stuck on their mirrors or pinned on their walls

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great thing to do with your kids! Can't wait till my boy can read so that I can leave notes in his lunch box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, one of my highlights was when they both said how much the little notes meant to them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful quote and I bet it would make for especially beautiful, shiny faces. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agreed this is one of my all time favourite quotes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished