Wednesday, March 26, 2014

PARISIAN CHIC | THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN | THE NAVY SWEATER







There is something this season that I love most and that is the navy sweater. I just love the colour with white and a striped shirt underneath. I have always love the look of the shirt showing below the knit. 

According to Ines de la Fressange and her book 'Parisian Chic', the essential look should be clean cut but not too straight laced. A navy sweater just seems more sophisticated than a black sweater. 

Classic ways to style is to co-ordiante with
- white jeans. 
- black pants, 'in honour of Yves Saint Laurent's chic colour combinations. 
- flat shoes for that 'easy cool' look.
- heels and a bunch of bangles for evening.




My pick of the navy knits - Esprit $99.95 // Tommy Hilfiger $109.00 // Sportscraft $129.95



8 comments :

  1. I wish I could pull of white pants. It would open my wardrobe up but I'm just too short and too bottom heavy for it to look any good. Adore the knits and can hardly wait for the weather to cool so I can get mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely looking out for a great navy knit this autumn. Much more chic than black in my book. Love the images in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Navy adds an extra chicness to any look

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I love knits as well. Nothing like a snuggly soft knot to keep you warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Navy is my black. It is absolutely way more chic and I have to say, more flattering on older skintones too. If I wear black, you will usually find me wearing it teamed with navy. I love the unexpectedness of it.


    Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must get more navy into my closet especially a sweater. I love Wardrobe Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Navy is so hot right now. Love the pics! I live in oversized jumpers, skinny leg jeans and pumps in Autumn. I need to get a navy jumper stat! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished