Wednesday, March 12, 2014

PARISIAN CHIC | THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN | THE BLAZER



My bookshelf consists of loads of Parisian books on styling and my parisian fashion bible is Parisian Chic - A Style Guide by Ines de la FressangeA former model and muse to Karl Lagerfeld (who walked the Chanel runway in 2011, at age 53). To me she is the epitome of Parisian style.
In the book Ines shares her 'Magnificent 7' to add a little parisian style to your must haves.

The first is the BLAZER - a classic shade like black or navy is always best and give it that feminine touch by choosing :


- a more fitted style.


- belting it



- pushing or rolling back the sleeves.



- adding fun feminine pieces



- wearing it with a contrasting colour jean and a neutral silk shirt.



Top 3 blazers // Review  $289.00 // Country Road $299.00  // Witchery $169.95



How do you like to wear your blazer? 

Do you prefer Navy or Black or both?


linking up with Kimba Likes for Wardrobe Wednesday

12 comments :

  1. I love the second look, the stripes with the bliiiiing! Gorgeous. Usually wear mine with jeans. Will definitely have to get a striped singlet. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you'd found me the perfect navy blazer, Vicki!! I'm after one in ponte that'll pack well....just can't find one anywhere. I love all of those looks but I'm a bit of a Francophile too and you can't go round with a Breton tee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on the hunt for you Vicki. Thank you for taking the time to visit me here. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blazers are one of the best and most versatile pieces in your closet. Thank you for the lovely comments they are rally appreciated. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes stripes and bling are my favourite also. Thank you for your visit, I really appreciate your time. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of belts but yes, love a blazer. I got a nude coloured one on special from Ally for $15, first thing I've ever bought there - normally it's Miss 17's terrain! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I LOVE each and every one of these images. Ines just IS Parisian chic. I don't have enough casual blazers in my Mama wardrobe so I'll be stocking up for the Winter like a squirrel with nuts. Thanks for the great inspo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are welcome. Blazers are a great way of adding a little class to update your look

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on the little bargain. Yes my 18 and 15 year old love to shop there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vicki, I have added 3 blazers I ma loving right now. I did purchase a black one from Review a few years ago that was a soft cotton fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I didn't already love the Blazer, I would have been totally convinced by this post. Love every image!! Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love a navy blazer. Thank you Rachel.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished