Wednesday, March 5, 2014

How to choose the right BRA TO WEAR WITH A STRAPPY NECKLINE



Recently I was asked what bra do I wear with strappy or racer back neck lines. If you follow me on instagram  you will notice that I wear these necklines often. I thought I would share a few pointers on how to choose which bra for what you are wearing on a day to day basis.

1. Firstly choose the appropriate colour for your look. Wear nudes with light colours such as white. I have noticed that some choose to wear white with white but nude is better as all lines and seams blend with the colour of your skin. White tends to stand out underneath so nude is best for light pale colours.

2. Co-ordinate the bra with what your clothing. Stick with neutral. Your bra should feel comfortable and fit you properly with no pinching or bunching. It is always advisable to wear strapless bras under strappy clothing as there are no visible lines and the neckline looks more refined.





I fell in love with this lovely idea above and have started storing my bras so the all sit nicely with my favourite ones at the front for easy access. I must admit I ma not a huge lingerie fan and I am pretty much 'a plane jane' when it comes to comfort and style underneath.I think I may have to invest in a few pretties. I am sure there are many of you that love nice delicate lingerie and it is super important to take care of your beloved smalls.

Bras are meant to be stored in a line up with the backs fastened so the do not hook onto another and cause damage. This also helps keep the shape with all the moulds perfectly rounded and fitting into each other.

Wash all your delicates in a wash bag so clips do not get caught on other items and maybe fraying or piercing another item.

While organising your drawer throw out any that are not comfortable or you no longer wear as they are just cluttering and taking up space.

Know what you need when purchasing. 
It is recommended you have three everyday bras of the seamless and smooth cups, 
two that match your skin tone to wear under sheer or pale coloured tops. 

A black bra for under dark clothing.

A lacy or embellished bra for special occasions.

A strapless for all your strapless dresses tops.

Are you plain like me or do you have loads of pretty bras? How do you store your bras?



Joining in with Kimba Likes for Wardrobe Wednesday

11 comments :

  1. I might have to visit the lingerie shop for some pretties now, before kids & BF I used to have a mixture of nice bras & plain janes, I have been slowly getting back into buying nice underwear now the BF days are behind me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VickiShoppeGirlsBlogMarch 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM

    I am a plain and have one or two pretty bras but i am a huge cotton lover. Always nice to have special underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore nice underwear Vicki but find it so expensive here in Australia compared with the UK. In fact, I have just placed a online order with good old M & S in the UK for my undies - free delivery to Australia means I get so much more for my money! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture makes me want to go out and buy loads of beautiful bras, but I really struggle to buy them in Australia. My favourites are from good old Marks and Spencers in England, so can't wait to go and stock up! I'm in need of a good neutral convertible bra if you've seen one on your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wearing padded t-shirt bras for everyday use and I tend to wear more nude than white because I find it blends well under white tops or light coloured tops. At the moment I am wearing ugly maternity bras, but that is the season I'm in. Can't wait to invest in some gorgeous lacey numbers once my body size settles after this baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love moulded cup bras and they're meant to be stored flat. They take up a tonne of room, so I've got them in a box under my bed!


    I'm a sucker for a coloured or patterned bra and Freya and Fantasie make it possible for me to find pretty bras that don't resemble scaffolding. The new Bonds range for full cups is brilliant too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Tiffany blue cotton moulded cup Bonds one that I picked up for $15 from the outlet centre. It is brilliant. The straps are attached at the front but detachable at the back so they can cross over. I worked out that a decent strapless bra is a separate purchase from a convertible bra (for me anyway). I love La Mystere strapless bras. They're not cheap but I did find an amazing bargain at the DJs outlet once. They have like an inbuilt shelf at the bottom of the cup, which your boobs rest upon, rather than relying on silicone binding and squishy cups to hold you up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. VickiShoppeGirlsBlogMarch 5, 2014 at 6:51 PM

    Yes the slightly padded t shirt bras are my favourite. Yes agreed nude best under pale tops. Oh how blessed you are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh I love this storage idea, in desperate need to re-arrange! Mine are currently shoved in a drawer all in a jumble of sizes, nude, pretty lace, colour pops and animal print. K x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the extra padded bra.Picking the right bra size also matters.You can watch this video to get a better idea.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3yNxLjCZgg
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished