Sunday, March 30, 2014

BAKING COUTURE | STANDBY BROWNIES | DONNA HAY


These are so easy to make and are always our standby treat for an after school snack. 

From one of my favourite Donna Hay Cookbooks - Fast. Fresh. Simple.

150g butter
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use essence)
3 eggs
1/2 cup plain flour


Pre heat oven to 160°C. 
Place butter. sugar and cocoa in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the butter has melted.
Spoon into a bowl and add the vanilla and eggs, whisking well.
Sift the four over the mixture and whisk to combine.
Spoon the mixture into a 20cm square cake tin lined with non stick baking paper. 
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until centre is just set. 
Cut into squares to serve.
Dust with icing sugar. 

2 comments :

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished