Friday, March 21, 2014

a little about me




Yesterday marked two years since my father passed away. It hit me like a tonne of bricks. I received two text messages one from my sister and one from my brother around the time he passed and as I was standing waiting for my prescription to be filled tears started filling my eyes and rolling down my cheeks. Uncontrollable yes, was I embarrassed? No I was not. Shedding tears for my father is a healthy way of remembering and taking note of  what he meant to me. The night before I woke up at 12:30am and just started sobbing for around 40 minutes, then eventually fell asleep.



March is a busy month for our family with 3 birthdays and now the passing of my father. My mother is 65 today and what an amazing strong and determined lady she is. You may be thinking what is so 'special about my mother', as we all consider our Mother's pretty special and wonderful. My mother was in a car accident when she was 14 years of age where she received a brain injury and had to learn to walk, talk and write all over again. Mum' s dream was to become a hairdresser as she loved styling. Well that dream soon faded as Mum was in and out of hospital and rehab for a number of years. Mum is also paralysed down one side of her body.


Nine years later mum became pregnant with me and to have your first born in intensive care for 6 weeks, would have been a lot to deal with on it's own. My mother is amazing as she has bought up 3 children, mostly on her own as Dad worked. Mum changed nappy's, taught us what she could, walked us to school, was always there when we came home from school, cooked us yummy meals, took us to the doctors, dentist and most of the time by public transport. How on earth did my mother manage all of us? She did the best job she new and can I just say I believe we all turned out just FINE.

Mum I love you so much and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done. 

On Sunday my amazing brother turns 40. He has also had a long bumpy road with losing his first wife in a car accident while holidaying in America. That was so hard for all of us to see our brother making it through each day without his beautiful amazing Judy. Now my brother is married to a wonderful lady, Jacqui and they have two beautiful children Sophie and Mason. They also had a challenging time when their first child Cooper was stillborn. I have so much admiration for my brother who has overcame so much and is now happy and content with his beautiful family.

2 comments :

  1. Sophisticated MummaMarch 28, 2014 at 12:26 AM

    Hi I was just scrolling through on bloglovin' and I came across this posting. I'm so sorry for your loss and it seems as though your family has had it's fair share of ups and downs. Always hard to lose loved ones and your Mum sounds a remarkable lady! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished