Thursday, February 20, 2014

how to DEVELOP YOUR OWN PERSONAL STYLE


'Style is a reflection of who we are'.

Have you ever wondered or thought about what your personal style is? Do you have a particular style, a trend or look that you always turn to when you are stuck on what to wear? I have to say that I love dresses. To me your personal style is wearing what you feel confident in. If you feel confident then the whole world will see this as when you are confident you stand taller and you have faith in yourself then you look and feel great. 

Personal style is an idea, a look, an attitude and the approach to life that is all yours. There are people in your life who have there own unique personal style that they confidently express to the world without saying a word. 

Some ways to create your own personal style -


Style is our way of doing something different. Fashion inspiration is everywhere. It can come from cultural experiences and social interactions, watching movies, reading or just simply from magazines or people watching. You are always on the look out for what you like. Take notice of what appeals to you. 

Collate all your looks and styles together in your mind, then create a collage through pinterest, tumblr, instagram or gather them on a mood board or journal so you always have them on hand to inspire you.

Group your images by style. What do you find appealing in each image? Is it the bright colours or the neutral tones? The stripes or the floral print? Skirts or pants? Maxi dresses and so forth. Take note and pin point what you like.

Experiment and do not be afraid to try something new. Follow the hashtag #everydaystyle on instagram created by Nikki from Styling You where stylish people from all over the world share there style.

2 comments :

  1. I dont think I have any particular style - I like to change things up depending on my mood or the day or what ever colour I am currently crushing on. I could totally do a with a stylist sorting me out lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. VickiShoppeGirlsBlogFebruary 24, 2014 at 9:40 AM

    Changing things up is great. I am studying to be a stylist. I would love to help you out if you would like. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished