We all have to do them, you know those mundane chores that keep our homes clean and cooking for our families. Why not look at the mundane as opportunities to savour which in turn will increase your quality of life and help you live more intentionally everyday. Then you are able to appreciate the things that are going well and live the life we have chosen.
Each life is measured by moments so why not cherish every moment each and every day and see the joy in everything we do. So lets take the time to create the daily routines into moments that we can look forward to instead of dread.
A few routines that can be polished up to be moments that we look forward to -
1. Grocery shopping – set one time a week to go shopping (having planned your meals for the week), do your best to shop at local markets and get to know the venders, making the experience a social encounter, not a robotic chore. Smell the fruit, thump the bread, taste the wine and enjoy a store, booth or market’s ambiance.
2. Breakfast – Wake up earlier and enjoy a simple, yet flavourful meal that will help you last until lunch. Read your favorite blogs (on your iPad) - I try and do this every morning - or peruse your local morning newspaper as you sip your first cup of caffeine.
3. Paying bills – Knowing you have adhered to your budget will make this process even more enjoyable, but each time you sit down, turn on your favorite music, pour a cup of tea, sit in a comfortable chair and gradually, yet proficiently pay your monthly bills and balance your accounts.
4. Daily Walk – Choose a route that is inspiring – whether it is out in nature or on the sidewalk through a beautiful neighbourhood, choose a regular path that helps your creative mind come to fruition.
5. Laundry – Whenever you make a bed with clean sheets, take the time to iron the pillowcases, shams and duvet and spritz some lavender linen spray on the pillows to enhance a restful night’s slumber.
6. Kitchen Clean-up – Include the power of music or talk radio to make the task move along quicker and allow you to either sing along or dance, or learn something.
7. Cleaning House – Each time you clean your home, when complete, treat yourself and your abode to a fresh bouquet of flowers.
8. Beautify Your Work Space – If you have a regular job and a desk area or office, decorate or create a space that is welcoming and well-stocked. Bring in flowers or nature, have a radio or music handy if that is allowable, stash an afternoon snack in your top drawer and include a photo of someone you love on your desk top. In other words, make it inviting.
Tips shared from The Simply Luxurious Life.