Tuesday, October 22, 2013

how to fight AFTERNOON FATIGUE


I do not suffer afternoon fatigue that often but when I do it can really knock me about. Afternoon fatigue normally occurs for me when I have not slept well the night before or a few nights in a row. 

A few tips that I use to help get me through is drink water and have a little healthy snack like almonds.

There are many ways to help fight fatigue and each solution will be different for each individual -

Firstly take a look at your diet.

Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated

Cut down your caffeine

Eat breakfast - the brain needs glucose so try to choose a carbohydrate rich breakfast like cereals or wholegrain bread.

Try not to skip any meals and eat a healthy diet.

Eat iron rich foods such as lean meats.

Increase physical activity

Most people feel drowsy after lunch. This mid-afternoon drop in energy levels is linked to the brain’s circadian rhythm and is ‘hard wired’ into the human body. Prevention may be impossible, but there are ways to reduce the severity of the slump, including:

Incorporate as many of the above fatigue-fighting suggestions as you can into your lifestyle. A fit, healthy and well-rested body is less prone to severe drowsiness in the afternoon.

Eat a combination of protein and carbohydrates for lunch, for example a tuna sandwich. Carbohydrates provide glucose for energy.

More good reasons to eat protein for lunch – the amino acid, tyrosine, allows the brain to synthesise the neurotransmitters, dopamine and norepinephrine, which helps keep your mind attentive and alert.

Get moving. A brisk walk or even 10 minutes of stretching at your desk improves blood flow and boosts energy.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished