Thursday, August 8, 2013

baking couture (cheats) FETTUCINE POMPODORO





Do you ever look at a recipe and alter it to your to suit your own taste and ingredients. Well, I have to say I am the altering ingredient queen. I do it often and to my dismay 9.5 times out of ten it works. We are a pasta loving home and I had fettucine sitting in the freezer and this is what I came up with.

Ingredients
1 tin of tomatoes (chopped)
2 tablespoons of garlic paste (I love Gourmet Garden)
2 teaspoons sweet chilli paste
2 tespoons dried oregano
1 packet of fresh fettucine
1 cup fresh baby spinach

Method
Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil.
Place garlic, sweet chilli paste and oregano in a fry pan and heat then add tomatoes and simmer off with a cup of water for a good 10 -15 minutes stirring occasionally. 
Add spinach leaves to sauce and cook off for a few more minutes.
Once water is boiling add your pasta and bring to boil again and cook till al dente. 
Drain pasta and place back in pot to mix through the sauce.
Serve with parmesan and or fresh cheese.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished