I know most of us wish that we would love our body to look as good as the image above. But we cannot all be the same. Curves and you being you are more important than the perfect body. What is perfect anyway? We all seem to wish or want to change something about ourselves, but why? You are you and you are wonderful just the way you are. I hope the affirmations below make you feel as wonderful as you are.
1. Become aware of what your body can do each day. Remember, it is the instrument of your life, not just an ornament.
2. Don't let your weight or shape keep you from activities you enjoy.
3. Wear comfortable clothes that you like and feel good to your body.
4. Count your blessings, not your blemishes.
5. Every evening when you go to bed, tell your body how much you appreciate what it has allowed you to do throughout the day.
6. Find a method of exercise that you enjoy and do it regularly. Don't exercise to lose weight or to fight your body shape. Do it to make your body healthy and strong because it makes you feel good.
7. Think back to a time in your life when you felt good about your body. Tell yourself you can feel like that again, even in this body, at this age.
8. Start saying to yourself, "Life is too short to waste my time hating my body this way."
9. Eat when you are hungry. Rest when you are tired. Surround yourself with people who remind you of your inner strength and beauty.
10. Create a list of people you admire—people who have contributed to your life, your community, or to the world. Consider whether their appearance was important to their success and accomplishments.
You only have one life, why should you waste it not being yourself.