Saturday, July 6, 2013

baking couture SAVOURY PANCAKES


What does a mother feed her teenagers when they sleep until lunch time? I believe in letting them sleep it helps them build up much needed energy and stamina for the term ahead. It is recommended that teenagers get anywhere between 9 -10 hours sleep every night, which is less when they are going to school. I always try and think of wholesome and tasty food for their brunch. Here I share one of their favourites - Savoury Pancakes.

Ingredients

1 cup of flour
1 cup of milk
1 egg (sometimes I add 2)
2 medium sized potatoes 
1 cup tasty cheddar cheese
sour cream (if desired)

Method

Peel and chop potatoes and boil until tender. Drain water and mash. I like to leave a little chunky to give more texture. 
Mix the flour, milk and egg in a bowl until combined. Add the potato and cheese. Cook on a hot plate and serve on their own or with a small dollop of sour cream. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished